Belron has today launched a truly global initiative called ‘Drive: the startup accelerator from Belron’ alongside investor and innovation partner L Marks.
Drive is a 12-week startup accelerator running from May to July 2016, designed to fast track the growth of startups that can improve Belron operations and its approach to delivering an exceptional customer experience. Each team involved in the programme will be partnered with one of Belron’s participating countries – US, Canada, Spain, France and Germany – with whom they will get an unparallelled opportunity to trial their products and solutions.
As well as this opportunity to validate their business in international markets, participating companies will have access to desk space in Belron’s office at Egham, UK and receive dedicated mentoring from Belron’s senior leadership. Belron and L Marks will make available a fund of £200,000 from which to invest in participating companies. At the end of the programme, one team will be named the Winner of Drive and receive up to £100,000 in follow-on funding from Belron and L Marks.
Belron is looking for startups that can help them innovate in the following areas:
- Knowledge and Insight: any product or service that can help Belron understand its customers and market better.
- Improving Service and the Customer Experience: exciting innovations that can help Belron supercharge its customer service, to make it really easy for customers to engage with Belron throughout their service experience.
- Improving Productivity and Efficiency: ideas that can help Belron increase the productivity of its people, particularly our technicians or contact centre agents, or can allow it to deliver better service for its customers in a more efficient way.
- Delivering Additional Services: innovations that will allow Belron to expand the services it provides to customers beyond its current offering.
- Engagement with Field Employees: products or services that help Belron to better engage with its technicians when they are out on the road or working in branches.
Each team will receive:
- The chance to trial their product in a ready-made international market.
- Access to expert mentoring from Belron senior leadership as well as experienced entrepreneurs.
- Dedicated office space at Belron’s UK premises just outside London.
- Sponsored visits to Belron’s international operation in: US, Canada, Spain, France or Germany.
- Access to investment from a fund of £200,000.
- The chance to attend the ‘Best of Belron 2016’ event in Lisbon in May.
Applications will be open from 15 February 2016 and Belron welcomes startups at every stage to apply for a chance to pitch their ideas on 26 April 2016.
Stuart Marks, Chairman, L Marks commented: “Drive is a fantastic opportunity for startups to trial their products and tech in a ready-made international market. We are excited to be working with Belron on this project to help them innovate their business and improve their already excellent customer service.“
Nick Burton, Head of Digital & Innovative Technology at Belron, said: “We’re thrilled to be launching Drive today. Our team is looking forward to learning how entrepreneurs think and approach problem solving, which will challenge us to think and act differently. And by giving these startups unparallelled access to our brands around the world, along with education and investment support, we can help them accelerate their businesses too.”
For more information, please visit: www.drivewithbelron.com.